Fake Netflix Invoice
August 8, 2016 Leave a comment
We have received reports that the following e-mail is being received, and we can confirm that it is in fact a scam.
The links on the e-mail take you to a fake or “spoof” website, where the scammers can collect and steal your sensitive personal or financial information.
What to do if you receive a suspected Phishing Scam email
- DO NOT click on any links in the scam email.
- DO NOT supply any personal information of any kind as a result of the email
- DO NOT reply to the email or attempt to contact the senders in any way.
- DO NOT supply any information on the bogus website that may appear in your browser if you have clicked a link in the email.
- DO NOT open any attachments that arrive with the email
- REPORT the phishing scam (see below).
- DELETE the email from your computer as soon as possible.
How to report Phishing e-mails
If you have received a ‘phishing’ email, text, letter or scam communication by any other method and have not lost money or clicked on any website links contained in the message, you can report this online to Action Fraud at Report Attempted Scams or Viruses. This tool will identify the most appropriate email address to forward phishing emails to for disruption, investigation and/or prevention activity.
If you have been a victim of a phishing e-mail, you should contact your financial institute, and report it to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.