11 Frozen Food Products Recalled Amid Safety Fears
January 16, 2017 Leave a comment
Consumers are being warned not to eat a number of food products, mainly frozen fish and chicken, supplied by MDA Products Ltd. The products have been repackaged in an unapproved premises and are therefore potentially unsafe.
These products are also the subject of a number of labelling and traceability contraventions.They may have ‘best before’ or ‘use by’ dates that have been extended beyond those set by the manufacturers and without authorisation. They are not compliant with food law requirements and should be withdrawn from the market and recalled from consumers.
Despite investigations by the enforcement authorities, it has not been possible to obtain the full distribution details or product traceability record for these products. Details of known distribution to three retail chains is provided in the attached alert to local authorities.
All products of animal origin packed and supplied by MDA Products Ltd. FY4 3RL (all date and batch codes) are affected by this alert.
Some of the products known to be affected are:
- 4 Cod Fillets wrapped in crunchy golden breadcrumbs, 480g
- Lytham Fish Co. Basa Fillets, 800g
- Lytham Fish Co. 100% White Fish Fillet Burgers, 4 pack, 460g
- Tasty Chicken Co. Chicken Fillets in Tomato and Herb Marinade 400g
- Alaskan Pollock Fillets, wrapped in crunchy golden breadcrumbs, 500g
- Lytham Fish Co. 16 Seafood Sticks, 200g
- 3 Chicken and Spinach Escalopes
- Breaded Hake Goujons, 500g
- Cod Bites, 500g
- Cod Fillets 500g
- Panga White Fish Fillets, 1kg
If you have bought any of the above products do not consume them.
These products are known to have been supplied by MDA Products Ltd through all stores of the following retail chains (a list of all stores is available on request):
- Frozen Value Ltd. t/a Fultons Foods and Jack Fultons
- Factory Foods
- Home Bargains
It is possible that a number of products may have been sold through other distribution channels in addition to the retail chains mentioned above.