Action Fraud – Action Fraud provide a central point of contact for information about fraud and financially motivated internet crime. If you’ve been scammed, ripped off or conned, contact Action Fraud via their website or on 0300 123 2040.

Citizens Advice Service – The Citizens Advice consumer service provides free, confidential and impartial advice on consumer issues. If you need free, confidential and impartial advice on consumer issues you can visit their website or call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 08454 04 05 06.

Civil Aviation Authority – The CAA is responsible for safety, economic regulation, and consumer protection in the aviation industry in the UK.

Defra – The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) is the government department responsible for environmental protection, food production and standards, agriculture, fisheries and rural communities in the United Kingdom.

Department for Business, Innovation and Skills – BIS is responsible for trade, business, employees, consumers, science and energy.

Financial Services Authority – The FSA is an independent non-governmental body that regulates the financial services industry. It aims to promote efficient, orderly and fair markets, and to help retail consumers achieve a fair deal.

Food Standards Authority – The Food Standards Agency is an independent government department responsible for food safety and hygiene across the UK. They work with businesses to help them produce safe food, and with local authorities to enforce food safety regulations.

Information Commissioner – The ICO is the UK’s independent public body set up to promote access to official information and protect personal information. The data protection area of the website provides guidance on the Data Protection Act 1998. If you have a complaint about unwanted marketing (including automated and telesales calls, spam text messages and electronic mail) or cookies, the ICO may be able to help.

Office of Communications – Ofcom is the independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries, with responsibilities across television, radio, telecommunications, postal and wireless communications services.

Office of Gas and Electricity Markets – Ofgem regulates the gas and electricity industries in the UK.

Office of Water Services – Ofwat is responsible for making sure that the water and sewerage companies in England and Wales give a good-quality, efficient service at a fair price.

RecallUK – RecallUK lists all different types of recalls (Food Alerts, Consumer Product Recalls, Vehicle Recalls, and Drug & Medicine Recalls) so that consumers can find the recall information they are looking for, in a single place.

Trading Standards Institute – Maintained by the Trading Standards Institute, this site is a ‘one stop shop’ for consumer protection in the UK. It provides news, information and advice for consumers and businesses.

Which? Consumer champions – The Consumers’ Association operates the website and publishes a number of consumer magazines focused around making consumers as powerful as the companies they deal with.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: